Thursday, January 20, 2011

Welcome!

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog! Its all about cool, quirky and enchanting places to stay around NZ. In the last few years I've done a bit of travelling around NZ, one of my favorite little obsessions is digging around and finding interesting places to bunk down for a few days...Whether it be housetrucks and yurts in Akaroa, little log cabins hidden away in the Bay of Plenty Bush or amazing Hundertwasser inspired chalets under the majestic aura of Mt Taranaki; if its cool and quirky with great hosts and a special environment and if I'm holidaying in the area I aim to find it!

I'm not writing about the average hotel/motel, its got to be something out of the ordinary, with exceptional hospitality, beautiful surrounds and usually a bit off the beaten track; something that has stuck in my mind. The kind of place that you might want to go for a special weekend away. Im not going to do  negative reviews, if I don't like it then I won't bother writing about it......and as we  have a wee 14 month baby its mostly family friendly places and self contained accommodation so we don't disturb anyone getting up in the middles of the night tending to sick children with ear infections..(ughhh..my last holiday!)...I'm going to try and add a couple of reviews a week. So if your taking a trip and want  to treat yourself with somewhere special to stay but can't be bothered doing the leg work then check my blog! You never know I may have been hanging out in the neighbourhood, and I just may have found the perfect place to stay.

BTW, the picture is of Ahu Ahu Beach Villa's in Oakuru, Taranaki.   

No comments:

Post a Comment